Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reeeeal Simple Like


I maaade me some curtains yesterdaaay! On my veryyy eventfuuul daaay...(I'm singing this if you can't already tell)


I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics and got me some beautiful grey lace fabric and basically just sewed a one inch hem along the bottom and a three and a quarter inch hem and the top to stick that rod thingy into. Then...I repeated. Real simple like. I didn't even hem the edges 'cause I was like...It's lace! It looks fine. And that seemed like a lot of sewing I really didn't want to do. Ha!


I'm using just one panel per window to same some cash and drawing them back with these adorable antique-ish door knobs from Urban Outfitters



From the slivers of my dinning room at the edges of the pictures you can kind of see where I am heading with it. I was inspired by some vintage hat boxes I found in an antique mall that were bright yellow and taupe color. You can just see them in some of the pictures. The colors were killing me and I knew right away that was what I wanted to do with my dining room. I painted the walls a dusty purple, or "mushroom basket" as the paint chip called it, as my third color (why would I ever stop at two?) and I'm using accents of white and lace. At this moment it's my favorite thing in the history of all color combos.


So, there you have it! One very small step to a gorgeous dining room!

No comments:

Post a Comment