Monday, February 8, 2016

Nocturne in Black and Gold: The Falling Rocket: Style Imitating Art

Source

I was so excited to see this week's pick for Style Imitating Art because it's such an incredible painting. The way the colors blend and move through the painting to create such a rich texture...ugh. I just can't get enough. It's certainly a treat for these ol' eyeballs. “Nocturne in Black and Gold: The Falling Rocket” by James Abbott McNeill Whistler also has a pretty cool history that's worth looking into if you're interested.



For my interpretation it was those swirling, mottled colors that I used to build my outfit. My galaxy print dress was an obvious choice with its cloudy nebula and speckles of stars. I added the mustard colored cardigan and the black accesories to bring it back to the colors of the painitng. This is definitely one of my favorite SIA interpretations! 

Head on over to 14 Shade's of Grey to see everyone else's take on this beautiful painting.






Cardigan: Target, similar in S-4X | Dress: Cyanide Kiss via Etsy, similar in XS-4X | Belt: Torrid, similar in straight sizesimilar in plus | Socks: Torrid | Boots: DSW, similarsimilar in wide calf | Hat: Gap, similar | Stila All Day Liquid Lipstick in Aria

Link up with Color and Grace

10 comments:

  1. I would have to agree that this is also one of my favorite SIA posts from you. That dress is outta this world!

    Hannah | The Outfit Repeater

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that painting truly is so beautiful and hypnotizing <3
    loving your awesome outfit :D that yellow cardigan <3<3<3 so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a great painting. I want to stare at it forever!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love this series of being inspired by art. You're nailing it with this dress.

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Style Imitating Art is so great and it's ran by such an awesome group of people. I look forward to it every week.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goosh, I love this! You look glorious and it's a PERFECT interpretation of the art! One of these days I will finally remember to participate in SIA -- I keep meaning to, and totally dropping the ball when the day comes around!

    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad I lived up to the art! You should definitely do it because I would love to see your face in the round up :)

      Delete
  5. nice blue dress, sometimes we hardly find words telling about good things
    nice to meet you
    Bored wiki

    ReplyDelete