Monday, February 22, 2016

Bible Quilt | Style Imitating Art


source

I love when Style Imitating Art pick has meaning behind it and these week's inspiration, Harriet Powers's Bible Quilt, is in honor of Black History Month. I was recently having a conversation with my six year old and I had to explain to him what slavery was. It was one of the hardest concepts I have had to explain to him so far. I just didn't know how to put it into terms that expressed the gravity of the situation without breaking his innocent little mind. Hopefully I managed it without any major parenting fails but, it left me feeling with all kinds of sick and sad feelings in my stomach.

My interpretation was inspired by the polka dots and the bits of black, brown, and red in the quilt. I have to say I wouldn't have actually put these shoes with this outfit but, after I had it all together, I realized just how right feels. Check out how the others interpreted the quilt tomorrow during the round up at Librarian for Life and Style.


Dat wind doe...



Cardigan: Eloquii, similar in SX-XXLsimilar in 1X-4X | Shirt: Thirfted, Similar in XS-XLsimilar in XL-3X | Pants: Maurices in XS-XXLExact in XL-4X | Shoes: Payless, similar | Lips: Colourpop Liquid Lipstick in Beeper

No comments:

Post a Comment