Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine's Day Style | Outfit


Mood board inspired outfit number two! This was inspired by the cuter images as I wore this to a children's party. Someone should have put a stamp on me because I felt like a valentine in this.



Interestingly enough my and my husband's story sort of begins on Valentine's day. We met when I was 15 and he laid the flirting on pretty thick. I was flattered by his attention and because I was 15, developed a little crush on him. Weeks went by and we started sitting next to each other at lunch and enjoying in some playful banter for the 30 minutes alloted for stuffing our faces.


I was absolutely sure he liked me and I was giddy with excitement. It was February and student council was selling those cheap carnations to have delivered to people on Valentine's day. A few days before the main event, and after a serious round of flirting with me, my crush sauntered up a to the student council table and bought some pink and red teenage dreams.


When the day came, I just knew this was going to be our moment. The kind of cute, cheesey moment that teen movies are made of and I had always dreamed about. I bounced around all day with excitement and finally the flowers came. A boy from student council came to the door with a big bunch of carnations and began passing out the 99 cent flowers. Marking each student as either accepted or rejected. Having never been the kind of girl that got those little trinkets delivered on these days, I was thrilled to finally have my little piece of adolescence validation.

Slowly his pile dwindled and my anticipation built as the boy walked closer to my desk and then it all fell to the floor like crepe paper the day after prom when he went right past me and delivered the whole stinking bunch to the girl in front of me. 

Turns out my husband is just a horrendous flirt. He apparently talked to every girl that way and he hadn't paid me much thought at all. And flowers he bought that day? Well those just happeneded to be for the girl who sat in front of me. Oh, yeah.

I still got my movie moment though because I was totally the Gretchen Weiners to her Glenn Cocoa.

And if your curious, Glenn Cocoa rejected him hard so, ha.




Cardigan: Target | Dress: Shop Apricity | Belt: Target, similar in S-Lsimilar in plus | Shoes: Thrifted, similar | Lips: Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness how heartbreaking! But hey, eventually he came around, haha!

    I mean, when my husband and I met... I don't even REMEMBER him (he's really shy, and didn't ever directly speak to me in person until our first date. Yeah.) and he thought I was chubby (I weighed quite a bit more then) and immediately dismissed me. But, we were both pretty young and immature and he admits back then he was shallow (that was almost 10 years ago).

    I love hearing backstories like this! And you DO look like a Valentine!

    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete