Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Stranded at the Drive-in | Picnic Pretties Mood Board


What is more iconic and nostalgic than the drive-in during summer? Loading up in the car with blankets and pillows, getting there nice and early to get a prime parking spot, stretching out on the grass with all your snacks and cold drinks. It's one of my absolute favorite summertime activities and even though these outdoor cinemas are slowly disappearing, we will always drive as far as we have to for the experience.






 


Sometimes, for me, style is about playing a character. On this night I was the 1950's housewife transported right into a by-gone summer. I felt like my grandmother in her youth chasing children around a drive-in in the easy, feminine style that she did so well. The picnic theme is running strongly through this whole outfit from the fruit print on the skirt to the subtle checker pattern on the top. I added yet another Erstwilder brooch because this cute little camper reminds me a lot of my grandmother, as well. And even though there is no yellow in the skirt, the yellow of the shoes is the same tone of bright, saturated colors that are used in the print and makes a happy addition to the overall color scheme.

You can check out my Picnic Pretties mood board on Pinterest here. Can you tell which images inspired this specific outfit?

Have any of you seen Finding Dory, yet? Did you see it at a Drive-in???








Shirt: Kohl's (similar in plus) | Skirt: Thrifted (similar, similar, similar, similar in plus ) | Shoes: Modcloth (similar) | Brooch: Erstwilder | Lips: Colourpop's UItra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Scrooge

No comments:

Post a Comment