Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Two-Toned | Outfit





Hello from the house that illness is determined to destroy! My husband brought home a bug that did an angry little tap dance on our family this week. There were fevers, chills, sore throats, and stomach aches galore! We're all on the mend now and getting back to normal so we actually managed to get some photos taken, yesterday.






My outfit was inspired by two things. I'm taking part in Kristina's lipstick challenge (follow along on Instagram with #eolipstickchallenge) and the rules are to wear a different lipstick every day until you're through your whole collection. I have several dark and moody colors that don't suit my summer vibes very well and I wanted to challenge myself to make the darkest shade I own work. I came up with this two-toned look based on my marvelous and magnificent new shoes (they're worth the redundancy). They combine two contrasting neutral shades in a striking way and between the patent leather taupe and textured black I'm simply a goner.





The totally neutral base of this outfit allowed me to layer on the dark lipstick with ease. Both the sweetness of the sweater, with it's textured knit and peter pan collar, and the white color close to my face lightens the drama of the lipstick despite the predominant color of this outfit being black. The blush colored belt is another player in the game of girly tug-of-war going on here, as well. It plays in the same color family of the lipstick but at the same time punctuates the softer elements of the whole outfit. 

I'm a little verklempt at the overall affect here. Like, I want to give it a gold star and pat it on it's head. "Look at you outfit...being all classy. I'm so proud of you!"

I'm curious. If you had to wear your whole collection of lipstick, how long would it take you?




Sweater: Thrifted (similar in straight sizes, similar in plus) | Skirt: Target (similar) | Belt: Target (similar in plus) | Shoes: Macy's | Lips: Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Tulle

No comments:

Post a Comment