Friday, September 28, 2012

More and More Tights!

Earlier this week I took the boys to the doctor's and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try out some more tights! (I got lots of compliments from the nurses on this outfit)



Dress: Motherhood Maternity, Sweater: JCPenney's, Belt: Target, Tights: We Lover Colors, Bag: Target, Boots: Payless, Necklace: Gift (thanks Andy!)

Dress - Approx. $50 - approximate current cost per wear - $8.33
Sweater - $17 - accpw- $5.67
Belt - Approx. $15 - accpw - $0.06
Tights - $15 - accpw - $15
Boots - Approx. $18 - accpw - $2.14
Bag -  Approx. $15 - $0.04
Necklace - Gift- N/A

Outfit Total ACCPW - $31.24

I was very pleased with this outfit. This dress is actually a maternity dress that I purchased for my portfolio show at school. I only wore it twice while I was pregnant because, with a 7 month pregnant belly, it was just too short. After I had Hudson, I discovered how adorable the dress was belted at the waist and now it is a regular rotation in my closet. 

While I was out, I kept thinking about the yellow tights, and when I got home I thought it might be fun to do a side-by-side comparison to see which I like better.

Hudson is wearing embroidery hoops around his neck, just fyi.



I think both outfits have their merits. What do you think?

(a little teaser, there will be some DIY project posts coming up. I'm so excited to show you all what I have going on!)

13 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the first set of tights better. I loooove that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like the first pictures better too. But, I can't help it, I love bright tights!

      Delete
  2. I want the necklace. I love the first tights. . . I just cant bring myself to do the bright tights thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no one is asking you to do bright tights, Missy! I'm doing it lol!

      Delete
  3. I love your website!!!! You are an inspiration to all young/old every size moms everywhere.

    I do love the yellow tights too but might have put something with that color in the rest of the outfit to tie the tights in. Belt or sweater maybe earrings. Just my two cents lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      I was actually wishing for a yellow necklace to wear with it but I just didn't have one...boo..lol.

      Delete
  4. Allright, lady, two things.

    1) This is my favorite outfit. Of all time. Period.

    and

    2) Since you were bashing on my boots so much last night, you should just give me these ones :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thanks!

      2. I was not bashing on your boots I was just saying they weren't right for a sexy black dress! They work just fine with a pair of jeans or a similar casual outfit. Also, these boots are almost or just as old as your boots.

      Delete
    2. Also, if I could get you a million pair of boots I would cause I love you!

      Delete
    3. I know you've had them for awhile, but I still lerves them just as much, and they are in much better condition as mine lol so I call a tradsies :)

      Delete
    4. LOL! It's probably because I left them at mom's house for a whole year.

      Delete
  5. I love this outfit I didn't even recognize it. Good job showing us that is is all about accessorizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoooow, right? It's totally different from when I was pregnant.

      Delete