Friday, April 15, 2016

Take Me to the Candy Shop # 6 | Inspired + Outfit



This look was inspired when I stumbled across the umbrella picture from above and I realized I had a scarf that looked just like it. Instead of going color overload, as I have with most of these looks, I decided to switch it up and model the color palette off of chocolate covered cherries and keep the style beachy to match the whimsical striped beach umbrellas on the scarf.




I love this top as an homage to the architecture that you find in old candy shops. It's all about showcasing and highlighting the candy on a stage worthy of it's star and it's all done with strong lines and soft curves. Much like the pleats and flutter sleeves of this top. All combined, I feel like I'm ready for a day at the beach in the 1940's. A fact that doesn't surprise me since I have been slowly building to a slight obsession with late 1930's to early 1940's fashion. I'm dreaming of the perfect tea dress that drapes and cinches into total vintage elegance. It's been eluding me for months and months! Le sigh. Maybe some day.





Does anyone have any plans for the weekend? Tell me and let me live vicariously through you! It appears I will be hunkering down for a night in alone, a situation that is never pleasing to me and often leaves me feeling anxious and dreadfully bored. It's easy to slip into unhappy thoughts when you're without the company of the ones who fuel your heart. Blerg. Maybe I'll order a pizza.





Shirt: Mocloth | Shorts: Thrifted (similar) | Shoes: DSW (similar) | Scarf: Modcloth (similar)

No comments:

Post a Comment