Friday, April 8, 2016

Take Me to the Candy Shop #3 | Inspired + Outfit



Here's to the freakin' weekend and one full week of candy covered pretties! I have to say that these pictures have not been easy to take since Mother Nature decided to it's winter again here in Wisconsin. On and off snow, cold temps, high winds. A whole pile of blah that makes picture taking a chore. But it is worth it because I am so full up on happy with the results. Nothing worth having is easy, right?






I've actually dubbed this dress my sherbet dress because it reminds me of *drumroll* sherbet. Specifically, my most beloved Edy's Berry Rainbow Sherbet which I chowed down on pretty regularly for a solid two years. I over did it and had to give it up but, every time I see this dress I start to crave it again. It just looks like the kind of thing someone would wear to dish out sherbet if dishing out sherbet were an occasion to dress for.

 I have now said sherbet so many times that it has lost all meaning. That is until I look at the dress and then I remember the meaning is "mmmmmmm..."






I hadn't planned on wearing a cardigan with this look but, as I said before, cold temps and high winds were a thing this day. So, I donned my trusty blush cardigan which does a good job pulling out the pinks and peaches in the dress and highlights the warm and cool tones playing off each other. Look at you go, blush cardigan. The collared shirt is there for it's collar because everything benefits from a cute collar, especially sherbet themed dresses. Trust me on that. I just might be an authority on sherbet dresses.

Enjoy your weekend, loves! Drink up if that's your thing! Chow down if that's your thing! Party excessively or be still like vegetables (lay like broccoli). The next two days are for you!





Dress: Kohl's (similarsimilar skirt) | Shirt: Kohl's (similar in plus) | Sweater: Thrifted (similar) | Shoes: Kohl's (similar) | Lips: Anastasia Beverly Hills in Pure Hollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment