Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Dirty Dancing | Outfit


I've had the time of my life watching Dirty Dancing over and over again. It is one of those movies that I've watched so many times that every line, every scene, every character has been etched into the inner workings of my brain like names in a picnic table. I can't see watermelons without turning to someone and awkwardly telling them I carried one. I can't hear the name Sylvia without wanting to know how she calls her lover boy. And I certainly can't wear a circle skirt without begging people to imitate some dance moves with me. Dirty Dancing was the backdrop for a lot of mother/daughter movie nights throughout my childhood. Nights when we got to escape the difficult people and situations that had become the definition of our lives and loosen the armor that we held on to so tightly. Basically, it's an important movie to me.






The second Passive Juice Motel announced this tank top was on it's website, Mr. Debit Card and I were clickity clacking away at the keyboard to ensure it's safe journey to it's rightful home (my body). The design of the graphic is wonderfully moving and captures the emotional weight of the embrace between Johnny and Baby. So, cheers to you, person that made this. 

Obviously, this tank needed to be worn with a circle skirt that can swirl and twirl dramatically while the clumsy wearer attempts graceful dance moves. Does it really matter if you aren't graceful if your clothing is? I've dubbed this my Baby Look; homage to the sweet and innocent, feminine half of this gorgeous pair. 

Which means I have to do Johnny Castle a little justice, right?

Edit: I wanted to add that I totally copied the design of this skirt from Kristina and if you're interested she sells her version of it here!







Cardigan: Target (similar) | Shirt: Passive Juice Motel | Skirt: made by me (similar, similar dress) | Shoes: DSW (similar) | Headband: Gift (similar) | Lips: Colourpop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Solow

No comments:

Post a Comment