Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Take Me to the Candy Shop #5 | Inspired + Outfit


I have always called this dress jelly bean green. Which, seems very appropriate now. I'm probably revealing that I associate my clothing with little random bits of life. Jelly bean green, sherbet print dress...it all adds up to me being way too attached to my clothing. It also means I have to wear certain things for certain occasions because how can I not wear my jelly bean green dress in a candy shop themed series? Yeah. Thought so.

 







It's that shirt that really takes me to the candy shop though! It abstractly reminds me of all those little candy containers stacked up in front of the candy shop windows in the Dells that started all of this. I thrifted it awhile back and had mixed feelings about it. First I was like, "funky!" Then I was all, "tastelessly old ladyish?" And finally I was like, "who cares! It's half on the Goodwill tag sale!" After looking at it in my closet for a while I realized it reminded me a little bit of Samantha Pleet's designs and for that reason I landed square on loving it. Go tag sale!









Shirt: Thifted (similar, similar) | Dress: Modcloth (similar in straight sizes, similar) | Shoes: Bait Footwear (similar) | Bow: Amazon | Lips: Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Donut

No comments:

Post a Comment