Friday, October 14, 2016

Shades of Cream and a Chevron Print | Outfit




Today's outfit is brought you to by twinning! Hannah of The Outfit Repeater and I both had the same skirt collecting cobwebs in our closets. Hannah challenged me to a twin-off and I happily accepted because I adore her and needed to give this skirt a good reboot anyway.

When I bought this skirt a few years ago, it was my absolute favorite. I wore the heck out of it and we had quite the happy little relationship. Until we didn't. I didn't know what happened. Things just kind of petered out. The love just faded away.




I did manage to pinpoint the dip and sway of my affections eventually and truthfully, I just got sick of chevron. For a while there you couldn't turn your head on the internet without running into chevron something and while some people get jazzed by all the fanfare, I get bored. I don't mean to be the hipster who just has to be different. I truly just lose interest after too much exposure to something. It's the whole been there, done that concept.

So, it was my inclination to focus on what I still loved about the skirt. I love it's fullness and I love the colors. I would swathe an entire furniture set in this ultra saturated red-orange color because yum. That's how I came to the decision to highlight the red-orange and take advantage of it's classic shape by wearing all my favorite cream colored, vintage or vintage inspired pieces.

Nobody could feel overdone and too trendy when wearing such classic and understated pieces.



And in case you've noticed, yes I did dye my hair. I didn't do the typical social media reveal because I am still trying to like it. It's a touch darker than I was looking for and that seems to have ruined the whole thing for me. I don't know. I am a child. But I have a nice long backlog of pictures to get through so you might not see this particular dark brown head again for a couple weeks.

Head over to Hannah's side of the Internet and check out how she styled her chevron skirt. I'm telling you, you are going to love her sophisticated yet fun take on this piece!




Shirt: Modcloth (similar) | Skirt: Target (similar) | Shoes: Thrifted (similar) | Brooch: Vintage (similar) | Lips: Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Unicorn Blood (similar in the shade Heathers)

No comments:

Post a Comment