Thursday, October 6, 2016

Decorating for Halloween | Outfit


All holidays are a good time for me. I will take any reason to celebrate and be festive, but Halloween has a special place in my dark heart. There are a lot of sweet and innocent reasons to love fall. Crunchy golden leaves, brilliant blue skies, the slight chill that makes snuggling into a warm scarf heavenly. But, nothing compares to thrill of Halloween.

My tastes run towards the chilling and haunting. The question of shadows that appear firm until you turn to meet them. The creak of movement in an empty house. The crackle of energy that moves up your spine while sitting with your back to darkness. I could live in this state all year round, but in October the whole world unfurls into the same mood that wants to fills my head and I can sink deeply into my eerie and gothic delights.








In particular, I've always held a fascination with witches. I went as a witch for Halloween 5 years in a row when I was a kid. My favorite movies always seems to be about witches. Hocus Pocus, Rosemary's Baby, The Craft, and the newest addition to the list, The Witch. When I was a teenager we stumbled upon a Wiccan celebration while camping and I was completely spellbound (pun so intended). Basically, I like them a lot and they are always the source of my inspiration for Halloween.

Elegant, unearthly, and an easy, unshakable sense of power. Witches call to me.






Maybe it's because witches draw my love of granny chic and subtle sexuality into one stirring and unsettling image, but not only do I want to fill my house with this feeling, I only want to dress with a witchy woman in mind for eternity the next month. Autumnal, dark, and moody. I want to live deliciously.

What inspires you in fall? The feelings of harvest and plenty? The ghoulish breath of cold air on your skin? What brings you to life this time of year?


Cardigan: Target (similar in plus) | Shirt: Passive Juice Motel | Skirt: Target (similar in straight sizes, similar in plus) | Tights: Target (similar in plus) | Socks: Torrid (similar) | Boots: Modcloth (similar) | Lips: Colourpop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Tulle

No comments:

Post a Comment