Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Apple Picking Hat | Outfit


A few years ago, Target had a commercial running in which a woman has an internal dialog about being a "hat person." She questions if she is, in fact, a hat person or not and she decides that she could be if she did more hat wearing things like apple picking.

Partly because I am completely susceptible to marking and partly because I really and truly understood what this woman was saying, I immediately decided I needed an apple picking hat. It took me a few years to find one, but it was worth it. This vintage, candy apple red hat is clearly what your don to pick autumn fruits.







I am a hat person, but unfortunately, I am not a fruit picking person. I can't be. We keep trying and trying but not once have we succeeded. Usually we wait so long that the season passes or the farms are closed, but this time we were catfished. The place had "orchard" in the name, It advertised "Pick your own apples!" But it was all a lie. There wasn't a single tree in the whole place and "pick your own apples" meant fill your bag with whichever variety of apple you want. You know, just like at the grocery store. Clearly, we are not apple picking people because it's not that hard to get right and we just can't make it happen.

Instead, we explored the non-orchard fields, sampled pears, plums, and the best apple cider I have ever had, and munched on giant, candy coated caramel apples. It turned out to be an amazing day and I'm pretty sure we checked off all the actual fun of apple picking with no actual picking required.










Dress: Apricity (similar in plus) | Cardigan: Eloquii (similar) | Tights: Walmart (similar in straight sizes, similar in plus) | Shoes: Thrifted (similar) | Hat: Vintage (similar) | Lips: Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Unicorn Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment