Monday, January 14, 2013

Style Imitating Art Time!

Thaaaaat's right folks. Style Imitating Art is baaaack!
“Portrait of Emilie Flöge” by Gustav Klimt
The only way I feel like I could have done this painting justice was if I wore a floor length, beaded, sheath dress. Since I don't have any of those in my closet, anything I could come up with was going to be second rate. So, I wore this.









This beaded beauty from Asos brought in some of the mosaic element of the dress and I tried to bring in some of the colors and textures that are hidden throughout the painting.

I really had a tough time this week. I tried on like five different combinations of outfits until I was satisfied. Even now as I look at the pictures I'm still just like, "eh." But like I said, anything I could come up with would just be second rate.

4 comments:

  1. Don't sell yourself short, I think that shirt is totally a ringer for the painting! It's so exquisite and beautiful. I love your styling around it. It's something different and it's got your spin on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw well, thank you. I love this shirt and I think it's perfect for the painting. I just wasn't thrilled with the rest of it. But, I'm a total perfectionist. I tweek and tweek and tweek until I am 100% satisfied. That's right, I'm a tweeker :/

      Delete
  2. I really like all the greens and the texture of the shirt! It's really like the painting. :)
    It's my first time taking part in SIA and it's great to look through everyone's versions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you keep doing it with us it's a lot of fun and it really forces you to look at your wardrobe in a whole new way.

      Delete