Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Invasion of the Killer Curves!









 I have been watching and contemplating this Killer Curves tee that was designed and sold by Betty Bee from the start. I was immediately in love with the vintage sci fi flick design. The flow and the detail of the design is amazing and if this were an actual movie I would totally put it in my Netflix queue. It doesn't hurt that Betty Bee is modeling the crap out of it on her site either. But, despite the fact that the t-shirt itself wasn't expensive, the extra expense of getting it shipped to the US was a lot. Weighing in the cost of shipping and adding in the fact that I'm not really a t-shirt kind of girl, I thought I could live without it.

Wrooooong.

I kept seeing the t-shirt pop up on other blogs and each time I saw it, my need grew. The imagery of the strong, curvy, hottie was empowering and as I watched other bloggers donning the retro inspired tee it started to feel more like a movement and I can pay a little extra to be apart of a movement. So, I swore to myself that I would actually wear this tee and not relegate it to pajama status and ordered it. 

When I received it today I could not be happier. It's great quality and fit and I keep having visions of myself striking a pose on an astroid while my stunning locks fan out behind me. The fit is flattering enough for me to actually wear and I'm pleased as punch to look a little bit like a greaser. Look out Ponyboy, We might have to have a rumble cause I'm coming for Cherry Valance.

 One a side note, my husband got me this amazing leather motorcycle jacket from Asos for Christmas and I want to have it super glued to my skin so we never have to be parted. Thank god for Black Friday or this would just be unrequited love.

5 comments:

  1. Okay 1) you are one hot momma, lady! but you obvs already knew that. ;) 2) that shade of lipstick looks AHmazing on you. 3) YOU are amazing.

    That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaaank yooooou! MAC lipstick is my new addiction. If you are looking for some, smooth velvety lip love that is definitely where to get it. Mmmmmhm.

      And you are pretty awesome yourself there, Lady!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! I really couldn't imagine a better t-shirt to feature!

    ReplyDelete