Saturday, November 24, 2012

Blogger Inspiration

A few weeks ago, I was reading through some blog posts and I opened up a link to the most fantastic dress I had ever seen. Dani of DIY Fatshion, had put together an amazing outfit around a killer floral bodycon dress. I was so in love with the sex appeal of the bodycon dress, the femininity of the floral pattern, and the toughness of the denim vest. These three elements are so perfectly combined in this outfit that it just kills me.

Dani in her gorgeous outfit.
After seeing it I couldn't resist trying to create my own version of it. I don't have a bodcon dress so, I just used a floral print dress and it was freezing the day I wore this so, I added the tights and socks.







I did really love this outfit but, it's not definitely not the dress of my dreams that Dani is wearing. I'm thinking of trying the outfit again with the black lace dress from my last post as, I'm getting more sweetness from this flowy, floral dress than I want. I think the black lace dress will be perfect sexy/feminine/tough outfit.

I just decided I'm going to coin that term. Instead of LBD we're all going to looking for our SFT dresses. Just remember you heard it here first. Not buying it? Yeah, me either. But, stay tuned for version #2!

*I'm having a grammar dilemma here. I know I should use "an" in front of LBD but, I tend to say Little Black Dress instead of LBD, even if it's just the acronym. Which, means it should be "a" in front of it and when I read it, it gets all clunky in my mouth.

See ya  later, Alligators!

8 comments:

  1. I think you only have to use an in front of a word that starts with a vowel and a in from of words that start with consonants. So a in front of Little Black Dress is fine (I think...at least it sounds fine...lol!) I love your take on Dani's outfit. I love the SFT trend too...I am on board with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, if you use the acronym LBD it should be "an" because phonetically the letter "L" starts with a vowel sound. My dilemma is that you should write "an LBD." But, if you're like me and read LBD as Little Black Dress, then saying "an Little Black Dress" is all wrong. But, if you read it as LBD it's fine. Lol, just one of my crazy pet peeves.

      Yes! Let's make SFT a thing!

      Delete
  2. Awesome take on the outfit, and I love how you totally made it your own. Especially digging your dress, I love that it's flowy and has loose sleeves. :D Looking lovely, babe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. the creative and funky vibe of your version really appeals to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always like to cram as many colors into on outfit as possible. Hehehe.

      Delete