Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Round-up | Picnic Pretties Mood Board

Picnic Pretties round-up time! Here it is. My entire summer in one post. Basically, this is the cliff notes version of each retro picnic inspired look. I never quite know how it's going to look once it's completed, but this series was dominated by punchy colors, fruit prints, gingham, and a nostalgia for the past that took me by surprise. Obviously, I'm inclined to love vintage, yet I wasn't expecting how personal it would become for me. I stopped seeing the lovely vintage inspired pins that brought me to this place and started seeing my family in everything I did. I felt like I was living in my grandmother's footprints from when her children were young. Everything reminded me of photos and stories and for that this series will always be very special to me.

You can visit the Pinterest Board that started it all here.

Let me know in the comments which one is your favorite and if you had any special experiences this summer! I'll see you on Thursday for my book review of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.












No comments:

Post a Comment