Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Lemon Zest | Picnic Pretties Mood Board



Hello there, stranger! July was not a blogging month for me. July was a wrangle three kids while packing in as much summer fun as possible month. It did not leave a lot of time for extras and at the end of the day this blog is the product of my extra time. Being mom is always my number one job. But, I am back and ready to commit to two blog posts a week!

This week will be the final installments to the Picnic Pretties series. As always, you can see the whole mood board that inspired these outfits here.





This dress. Holy moly, this dress. I searched for it for a while on BST groups and finally snagged one right before it exploded and became, what felt like, almost everyone's DISO (desperately in search of). I'm so lucky I squeaked in before the surge of popularity because I am not lucky in scoring highly sought after pieces. This dress is a great example of how budget department stores, that are almost looked down upon, can totally nail it. I am telling you, JCPenney and Kohl's is the place to find great pieces at great prices. You will have to sift through some weird stuff, but the treasures are there. I promise.

My mom was in Nashville, shopping at a boutique, and the owner asked her where she was from. When she heard my mom was from Wisconsin, she actually sneered and said, "oh, you must shop at Kohl's." Uh, heck yes we shop at Kohl's and we look dang good because of it!

I have to find a pattern or draft something up similar because this dress highlights my shape perfectly. Every time I put it on, I feel like the perfect flouncy, curvy pinup and I strut my stuff like I am a freaking goddess. That is the power of a reasonably priced dress from Kohl's!

And please, always remember, it is not about where you shop it's about how you put it together.





Dress: Kohls (similar) | Shoes: DWS (similar) | Lips: Stila Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Patina

No comments:

Post a Comment