Friday, September 16, 2016

Suitable for September | Outfit


Last september, I bought this scalloped LC for Lauren Conrad top because I thought it would be the perfect summer to fall transition outfit with my striped skirt and then I never wore it. I don't know why. It just didn't happen. When September rolled around again I was determined to do this combo justice and document it properly, but this will be my final summery outfit this year. I'm done! No more! I am not leaving my house without a cardigan for another six months. Do you hear me Mother Nature?!






The reason I was drawn to this top for those weeks when summer is stubbornly clinging to September is the myriad of wonderful colors. The bright pink is so cheerful and hints at summer while the muted grey and green snuggle up against the rich navy. I enjoy this top all year round and it's such a nice pattern to pair with a cardigan, but I love not having to hide the scalloped neck and sleeves. I would absolutely wear this outfit in summer so to inch it closer to fall, I added the tights and faux suede heels. Patterned tights and shoes with a rich texture are just enough warmth to fight the morning chill and add some cozy vibes to any summer outfit. 

Tell me in the comments. Are you a "dive right into fall" type of person or do you enjoy slowly bringing your wardrobe into the new season?




Shirt: Kohls (similar, similar in plus) | Skirt: Modcloth (similar) | Tights: Walmart (similar in straight sizes, similar in plus) | Brooch:Vintage (similar) | Shoes: Trifted (similar) | Lips: Nyx's Lip Suede in Soft Spoken

No comments:

Post a Comment