Monday, March 28, 2016

Floral and Pleats | Outfit


Blush has effectively made it's way into my list of colors that I consider neutrals that aren't really neutrals. I am not a pink person which is odd because I am fairly girly but adding the sugary sweet color on top of my already lacey, floral, and frivolous personality seemed like overkill.  Yet, blush, with it's perfectly muted mix of pink and peach, hits a color note that appeals to all aspects of my personality. It lets my darker side come out while still touching on my softer side and it allows me to embrace more mature, sophisticated looks while still remaining true to my playfulness. 








Even though I've officially deemed blush a neutral and as such it's appropriate for every day of the year, the color really shines in spring. It was easy to pair this bat wing top with my beloved pleated skirt as it fits right in with the soft, pastel flowers. This print is a no brainer for transitioning to spring because of the gorgeous colors that are solidly rooted in a black background. Dark neutrals are an easy way relate back to the not to distant cold and even though the plants are still faded and the sky is still grey, I felt appropriate for slowly warming days.











Shirt: Thrifted (similar kimonos are basically free size and can be worn closed for a similar effect) | Skirt: Torrid (similar in straight sizesimilar in plus) | Shoes: Modcloth (similar) | Headscarf: Kohls (similar) | Lips: Colourpop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Trap

No comments:

Post a Comment