Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Winter

Source


A few weeks ago, during Mucha inspired SIA, I had said that I really wanted to interpret the winter panel of "The Season." Well, this weekend it snowed..and snowed...and snowed and I immediately got that tinkle of inspiration in my eye. I grabbed my outfit and dragged my reluctant husband outside to use the sparkly fresh winter candy as my back drop. 



I actually put this outfit together before the SIA was posted and I didn't initially see it as a "wintry" outfit. Yet, it was a great match for the panel so, now I will never see this as anything else. Yay. Mostly, my accessories are out of the necessity of warmth but, I used this statement necklace because it reminds me of dripping icicles



Winter has arrived. It's for real and oddly enough, I'm kind of happy about it. I feel unusually festive this year and it fits my mood. Bring on the snow! Bring on Christmas! Let's get our cozy, twinkling, yummy party on!




Dress: Modcloth similar | Cardigan: Shopko similar | Tights: Walmart similar | Socks: Asos similar | Shoes: Thrifted similar | Necklace: Target similar | Hat: Old similar


2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! I am so jealous of your snow; it's been cold here, but just cloudy and wet rather than fresh and snowy. I hope we get snow soon.
    And that necklace is PERFECT for winter! Totally looks like icicles.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We only had our snow for a couple days and now it's been freezing rain all week. Yuck. Can't wait for the snow to stick! And yes! This is definitely going to be my go to winter necklace.

      Delete