Wednesday, May 25, 2016

You're Wild | Outfit




I promised you a Johnny Castle look, right? I'm sure you were just sick with anticipation. Well, wait no more!

A few weeks ago I featured a Dirty Dancing outfit inspired by the sweet, feminine looks worn by the ladies in the classic, campy 80's movie. Well, this week I am paying tribute to the greatest dancing bad boy that ever twirled his way into our hearts.





The scene that is crystallized as pure Johnny in my mind is the car window scene. The rain's pouring down, the car doors are locked, and to the sounds of "Overload" by Zappacosta, he smashes his own window in with a post just to get Baby into the car. A gleeful baby throws her head back and yells, "you're wild!" and the world fell in love. Not only did I want to emulate the ever classic black look that Johnny sports throughout the movie, but I also wanted to the capture the spirit of that scene. I wanted to wear something tough and daring. Something that said I didn't need anyone's approval because I knew how to get things done on my own. 

So of course I had to go with some short shorts because nothing makes me feel tougher or more daring then wearing something that internet trolls love telling people like me they can't wear. Well, in the words of my man, Johnny Castle, "You just put your pickle on everybody's plate, college boy, and leave the hard stuff to me."





Jacket: Target (similar, similar in plus) | Shirt: Passive Juice Motel | Shorts: Kohls (similar, similar in plus) | Shoes: Torrid (similar) | Scarf: Thrifted (similar) | Lips: Colourpop's Liquid Lipstick in Succulent

No comments:

Post a Comment