Monday, January 11, 2016

Sunrise | Style Imitating Art

source

Happy first SIA of the new year! This beautiful painting called "Sunrise," by the famous Georgia O'Keeffe, was chosen as a symbolic statement for new beginnings. The dawning of a new year and great things to come. Despite the painting being beautiful and meaningful, I struggled as pink is not particularly my favorite color. I enjoy some peachy pink now and then but, over all it's generally too saccharine for me. Which is tough for this color lover to admit.

I do own pieces in all the different colors in the painting but, not much of it added up to an entire outfit, let alone one that didn't make me look like a thrift store mannequin dressed for Valentine's Day. So, I chose to read in to the undertones and interpret that pale pink as more of a grey.




With that I was able to play with the red and pop in the bright pink and yellow with accessories. I liked how the print on the scarf spoke to warmer climates that seemed akin to the painting while also making my outfit more bearable to the cold. It was seven degrees when we took these pictures and it's even colder today. Ack. So, I'm going to go curl up and try not to catch hypothermia. See ya in May. Hahahaaaa...jk...





 Sweater: Target  Dress: Asossimilar in plus size | Tights: Walmart similar in sizes 1X-6Xsimilar in sizes S-L, | Shoes: similar | Scarf: Modcloth similar | Lips: Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in 37

6 comments:

  1. Cute shoes :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,Ciao..Style imitating Art is a great theme!...and Your outfit is a charming work of Art:very nice blend of colours and pieces...cheers!
    ciao from Sicily

    ReplyDelete