Monday, December 14, 2015

Stressed Out | Style Imitating Art

Source
This is probably the most apropos December themed choice for SIA that could ever be. The illustration by Layla Holzer is entitled "Stressed Out" and looking at that lady I know exactly who she is. She is balancing lists and budgets, decorating and baking, shopping and wrapping presents in secret and all while trying to maintain the festive spirit herself. Until her head explodes. I am that lady.

I will admit that I never fully appreciated how hard the holiday season is on adults until I became a mother. It's nuts. Yet, when it all comes together and you get to enjoy the culmination of your work it makes it all worth it. I will take those moments of extreme stress for the moments when I feel like a Who in Whoville singing and dancing in euphoric jubilation. After all, isn't feeling like you're in a Dr. Suess book really what the holidays are all about? I'm pretty that's it.



I'm calling this one, "Where's the tape?!"


So, I pretty blatantly just copied the outfit from the picture and took some of the elements and adjusted them to what was in my closet. I brought the flower pattern from the skirt and represented it in the tights and, since I didn't have any green and red beaded tops, I used those colors in my shoes and sparkley headband. My only creative moment was the big bow belt that spoke to the gift giving nature of the holiday. Go me.





4 comments:

  1. Love how you commit to a theme!! :D And your top with the embellishments looks SO GOOD with your striped skirt and bow belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's half the fun of SIA. Thank you so much! The beaded top under the black top was actually a last minute addition and it really makes the look.

      Delete
  2. Do you not absolutely love that skirt? I adore mine so much. And it was a great choice for this week's SIA! And that last photo is legit my mood right now (I haven't wrapped a single thing aaaaahhhh!!!!). Great job, Noelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Yes. This skirt. Life.

      At least let's hope we can throw things together well enough to trick people into thinking we have our crap together!

      Delete